<$Romeo Kids First$>
This is the blog of Jennifer White, Romeo, Michigan. I am a trustee-elect to the Romeo Board of Education. My 4 year term begins July 9, 2007. I will use this blog to post my personal thoughts on the school district happenings, this will allow the community to be kept informed of my views. I will not be serving as a board spokesperson, these will be my individual views.
Friday, March 23, 2007
Candidate Viewpoint
I would like to thank the Romeo Community Schools P.T.O.C., for inviting the school board candidates to their monthly meeting for a "Meet the Candidate" session. This provided a wonderful opportunity for the community to become educated about these "potential " school board members. It was a very positive experience and I applaud the P.T.O.C. membership for their interest as I feel an educated voter is the best voter! There are many opportunities for local citizens to educate themselves about the candidates running for the school board election on May 8, 2007. The Romeo Branch of the American Association of University Woman will be presenting a "Meet the Candidate" Forum on April 19, 2007, which will air live on the local cable Channel 6 at 7:00p.m. Another opportunity for voters to become familiar with the candidates is through grass roots parents group, Citizens Demanding Accountability in Education. This group will be hosting an informal Candidate Viewpoint meeting at the Graubner Library on April 17, 2007, at 7:00 p.m. I encourage community members to attend one of these forums to learn more about the candidates. If you are unable to attend a forum, but would like more information regarding my viewpoints on education and other important school related issues, please log onto my new blog at romeokidsfirst.blogspot.com. Community feedback is the backbone of a good education system and I look forward to hearing from the community on my blog!
posted by Jennifer L. White @ 7:09 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me



Name: Jennifer L. White
Home: Michigan


See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives

Links
Powered by

BLOGGER